Next Class Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Powerful Persuasive Pieces

Our class just finished our Persuasive Writing Unit. The kids did a wonderful job trying to convince someone to agree with their opinions. Here are a few examples of what we published. Enjoy :)

Dear League Director,
     Isn't it boring when football season is over? I think there should be more than 16 pro-football games in a season. Having more football games keeps you active, you get to hang out with your friends and it is fun to watch!
     First of all, I am a football player. So I know it keeps you active! We run a lot in football and work hard! We have practice at least one hour a week. Don't you think if you were more active you could be much more healthier?
     Second, you get to hang out with friends that aren't in my class during football. It's fun to hang out with them. Football is a team sport and you encourage your friends to play hard.
     Finally, football is fun to watch. It gets you excited and you get to watch your city play. For example, my city has the Jacksonville Sharks for arena football. I got to go and watch them play. It was pretty fun and they won!
     I want you to increase the amount of games in a football season now! This way people will become stronger and have more fun playing and watching football! Also, a lot of people will thank you like me. Thank you!
                                                                                                                      Sincerely,
                                                                                                                       Dylan


    Hello! I'm a Christmas tree. Are you looking for a Christmas tree? If you are, then pick me! Pick me! I'm the biggest, tallest, most prettiest Christmas tree you've ever seen!
     First of all, I'm big. Really big! But not too big that I will take up a lot of space in your house. I'll work perfectly if you have a lot of ornaments in your house that you don't know what to do with.
     Second of all, I'm tall. Tall enough to almost reach your roof! Lots of people buy small Christmas tress because they can't find trees tall enough. If you buy me, I will solve your problem!
     Last, but not least, I am really pretty. I have a bright green glow that I'm sure you and your family will love. I look even brighter with ornaments and a star on top. Your house will look fabulous with me in it. I also don't have that many sharp spines on me so that if you have kids, they won't get hurt if they touch me.
     I think that you are going to love me the minute you put me in your house. I'm big, I'm tall and I'm pretty. What more could you ask for? Pick me for your Christmas tree if you want to have a real good Christmas!
                                                                                             
                                                                                                                      by Shreya

                                                                                                             


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE LETTERS :)
sincerely
Ava

Anonymous said...

These letters were cool :)
sincerely, Aldo

Anonymous said...

Persuasive Writing was cool